[guispeak] Weird Outlook Express Problem

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:31:23 -0700

Hi all,
I need some help with Outlook Express. Here's the situation.

I have the latest version of Outlook Express running on Windows XP Pro, and I'm using JAWS Pro version 7.10. Outlook Express is set up for two identities, one for personal mail, the other for work e-mail. As far as I can tell, both identities are configured identically except for the obvious fact that one identity's account talks to Pacbell's mail servers and the work identity is set to talk to my work's e-mail server.

I can read messages with no difficulty in the main identity, which is used for my personal mail. When I switch to the other identity and attempt to read work e-mail, JAWS won't read the messages; I have to use the JAWS cursor to do it. This just started happening recently and I have no clue about what might have changed. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Tom