[guispeak] Re: Internet Explorer Problem

  • From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:38:11 -0500

This may be a long shot, but what version of IE is your friend running? If IE7,
if you are on a link and open a new window, it may be a browser window that you
get to by hitting control+tab, not an operating system window which is another
process altogether, and which you get to by hitting alt+tab.
Sometimes in my experience, when following certain links (and I've never been
able to figure out why), the browser window is stuck behind the stack of
windows rather than in front, so you have to control+tab to get to it.
This also happens with new OS windows -- as the page is loading, it is stuck
behind the current page until it is all there.

Am I making sense? I don't know all the terminology, but this phenomenon
happens to me a lot so thought I'd comment.
Good luck.
--le