[guispeak] Re: FAT32/NTFS

  • From: gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:46:56 -0500

Hi Khalid,
The CHKDSK utility in Windows XP is used to check the integrity of disk
drives.  I used to use CHKDSK back in my MS-DOS days and really haven't
played with it to speak of under Windows XP, so you probably want to look
up its help information, but I'm pretty sure it should help you sort out
any corruption problems.  This is probably a good time to do it since you
said you don't have much information on the NTFS drive.

Cheers,
Jerry

                      "Khalid"

                      <khalid@xxxxxxxxx        To:
<guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      m>                       cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [guispeak] Re:
FAT32/NTFS
                      guispeak@freelist

                      s.org

                      02/16/2005 07:40

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      guispeak

Hi Christopher,
    I'm using Win Xp that's why I'm thinking  that some sectors of the hard
disk are corrupted. Is there a way to make sure of what might be the
problem.
THANKS
Khalid