[guispeak] Re: Announcing EdSharp

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 10:40:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ron, At present, TextPal is, indeed, better for programming because of
several coding related features not included in EdSharp.  Since TextPal
generally works well for programming (I used it to develop EdSharp), I am
more likely to distinguish EdSharp with other features, e.g., HTML edting
ones.  I am seeking input on what editor features people find beneficial
in writing HTML and what they would find valuable if available in a more
accessible manner.

For general text editing, user feedback so far is favoring EdSharp
because of better performance and reliability.  If TextPal already works
well for someone, there is no particular reason to change -- I will
probably use both for the foreseeable future and will continue to fix
problems discovered in TextPal and make small enhancements.  If moving
to Windows Vista, however, or otherwise interested in something more
responsive than TextPal, I think EdSharp is worth trying.  I do not have
Vista myself yet, but some users have reported significant problems with
TextPal there.  EdSharp is designed to be more compatible with Vista,
and in fact, I hope to eventually make it work on Windows Mobile 6 as
well.

Jamal