[guide.chat] the good old days

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:16:33 +0100

Hi june
wow your spot on there
My mum and dad sat us all at a big dark old fashioned heavy table i was 9 years
old
oh table came out in half by god it was very heavy
We all sat and had proper meals very healthy then.
We all had to have the same but if you didn't like it then its just tough
hahahahaha
strict in them days
nowdays in houses like a cafe all want different especially if few kids in
family
mums cook about 4 different things in kitchen
spoilt rotton these kids today believe me they are
in the 60's the food tasted lovely
oh yum going to have to go now making me hungry here now hahahahahaha just
going for cake back later on

From: JunePorter - Email Address: june.porter9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 21/06/2011 18:02
Sent To: Phyllis Edwards, Sennjan Kadir, Carol O'Connor, guide Chat List -
Email Address: phyllis.edwards999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, senn.kadir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx, guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To:
[guide.chat] Games back then

Hello Phyllis
I'm inclined to agree with you about respect. I think  discipline has also gone
out of the window these days.
Where I used to live there was a great community spirit, and everybody helped
each other out, even though our neighbourhood were what we called rough-and
ready. Nowadays, we hardly see the neighbours, only to say hello to on our way
in or out.
I don't think people do the good old-fashioned home cooking much these days, as
everything is so automated, and fast.
Maybe you can call me old-fashioned, in many ways, but that's just me,.
from June
from
Liverpool.