[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Funny butties

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:58:13 -0000

Hi Harold, When I was born we lived in a council house which had a bath so I
never got to use a tin bath. But I do remember my mum washing me in the kitchen
sink because it took hours to wait for the fire to heat enough water for a
bath. That's because we didn't always have enough coal for the fire. Like you
said Good old days.

Malcolm.

Hi Malcolm

yes I meant together

apparently it is what the soldiers had during the war

and I think that's where it came from

yes we used to get the cole from the railway embankment

and that we also used to have a bath in front of the fire in a tin bath

good old days

Best wishes Harold

-----