[guide.chat] FWD My eyes are dim.

  • From: "Keith Wines" <keith.wines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:31:26 +0100

FWD: My eyes are dim.

This email was sent to me by a friend of the chat line ,and she said she wrote
it a few years ago ,before Malcolm told us his story ,she said she did not
really know if she should put this one on ,and I said I would do it for her and
here goes .

My eyes are dim.

My eyes are dim,
I can not see,
Why isn't some one,
Teaching braille, to me,
I've lost the ability to read and write,
If I could read braille,
I would regain some of my insight,
It's not that people don't want to learn it,
We don't want braille to die,
It's that we're not even taught it,
Some of us, would love to give it a try,
Support and encouragement is what we need,
Coaxing, into trying it out,
To be able to read, for ourselves,
Is invaluable without a doubt,
I've heard every kind of excuse,
Against learning the six dotted code,
It's really hard, you'll never do it,
Is what I have been told.
But the best excuse, to stop my learning braille plan,
Comes from a sighted person,
" You can't leave a braille note out for the milk man,"
So please don't ask a sighted person about braille,
Although sighted people can be kind,
Ask some one, who can not see,
Because braille, is for the blind.

Hi Keith,
This is the poem , I was telling you about.
I wrote it a few years ago, when I asked to learn braille.
I got a very negative response, and it inspired me to write this poem.
Just thought I'd try to explain how it was for me,
All the best from,Charlotte..
06:18:00