[greenbuild] Net metering

  • From: Jay Jacobson <jay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 10:26:57 -0400

Hi;
        I'm interested in installing solar panels on my house and do
net-metering
so I had NYSEG send me a copy of the agreement and requirements.  I gather
that NYSEG is protecting itself and the utility system against any problems
and making the homeowner fully responsible.  What I'm trying to understand
is the initial and ongoing costs of this installation.  Can anyone help me
with this?  Do you know of people who already are doing net-metering that I
could contact to find out their experience?  And what's this business about
choosing a single meter or two meters?  What are the advantages and
disadvantages of each?
        Thanks to those who responded with information about green buildings in
NYC.
Jay