[greenbuild] Re: Bio

  • From: "John Barradas" <jb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 11:15:20 -0700

Hi,

Sustainable environments are a hot topics. If we could concentrate  in
guiding existing utilities like NYSEG to think like Cornell's 100 year plus
use we might not be releasing by-products in making electricity into the
lake. I am an architect so my information is very much general, possibly
erroneous. My interest, however, continues. Recently, I met with James Adams
who was quite illuminating. Low sulfur coal may be available for 400 years
where gas has 50 years. Renewable components I would think begins with
reductions and efficiencies of existing fuels.

                     name: James R Adams
            send_email_to: jra4@xxxxxxxxxxx
                 nickname: Jim
           campus_address: 135 Humphreys Serv Bldg
             campus_phone: 607-255-6648
                      fax: 607-255-5377
               department: Utilities Administration
               univ_title: Dir Facilities II
            working_title: Director - Utilities & Energy Management
                     type: staff

He may direct you to others that are as illuminating to your concerns.
Please keep the sharing of information as we all need to be informed.

Regards,

John Barradas, AIA