[greenbuild] Re: Any leads on local raw wool (for insulation)?

  • From: Micheal M Wheeler <mmw5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:47:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Joe

If you're going to use wool in a location where it can't be laundered, make
sure to treat it with some insecticide (?boric acid?) first to keep the
clothes moths from becoming a major infestation.

Also, if you don't mind using processed stuff, wool batting could fill your
need.  It makes wonderful (if heavy) quilts.  I remember someone in the
Ithaca Hours listings offering it.  You also could try Cheryl Allen
(387-6425 or Old School Farm at the Saturday IFM) to see if she has any left.

Mike