[gptalk] Re: import of administrative templates

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:45:47 +1100

Hi Graham,

The default behavior is that a copy of the ADM template is taken and stored
on the Sysvol under the GUID for that Policy (
<file:///\\DomainName\Sysvol\DNSName\Policies\GUID\ADM>
\\DomainName\Sysvol\DNSName\Policies\GUID\ADM). It will use that version in
the future unless it finds a more recent version on the workstation, in
which case it will replace it.

You can modify the behavior so that it doesn't update the ADM file on the
Sysvol and you can also get it to always use the local copy of the ADM file.

Alan Cuthbertson

 Policy Management Software:-

http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir
<http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir&f=pol_summary.shtml>