[gptalk] Re: Random machines not applying policies

  • From: ca11235 <ca11235@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:14:51 +0000

Thanks Darren,

Sorry for the very slow reply - been a bit busy :)

I agree with you on the profile corruption approach - but what would cause a
profile to corrupt?  Can the application of GPs corrupt a profile? Is it
possible that the script CSE didn't complete properly for a couple of
successive GPs (GP1 gets applied, runs associated logon script, then GP2
comes in, but GP1's script hasn't finished properly...)

The policies are set to applied synchronously, but I'm not too sure if the
scripting side of this is truely synchronous - the script is kicking-off
other vbs and exe files - will the script CSE wait untill all "child
processes" have completed fully?

Cheers,

col