[gptalk] Re: RSOP Reporting very slow

  • From: "Cruz, Jerome L" <jerome.l.cruz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:50:51 -0800

Alan,

Is there any chance that the systems involved are using GPPE settings?

Microsoft just released a KB article describing "Long User Logons" on WTS
servers if GPPE settings (with the removal history checkbox setting checked)
were being applied. This is a guess totally out of the blue, but perhaps this
is another artifact involved when "history" settings for GPPEs are engaged.
Here's the reference:

Feed: KBs-Win2K3
Posted on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:20 PM
Author: Most Recent KBs for Windows Server 2003
Subject: It takes longer to log on to a Windows Server 2003-based terminal
server than expected when you enable Group Policy preferences in the terminal
server
View
article...<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;955457&sd=rss&spid=3198>

Jerry Cruz | Group Policies Product Manager | Windows Infrastructure
Architecture | Boeing IT