[gptalk] Pulling out paths from Group Policy

  • From: Dave Sharples <dave.sharples@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 15:26:41 +0000

We use group policy for software installations (both MSI and scripted ones), we
use a DFS share for 4 replicated servers which hold the software files. What we
are looking for is a way of pulling out the GPO's which use a specific server
name in the path instead of the DFS name (the servers are being replaced so any
GPOs which reference them won't work anymore).

We have ~2000 GPO's so going through each one will probably make me go loopy.

Anyone know a better way, would need to look in the Software installation name
and the startup scripts part (both user and machine)

Cheers

Dave