[gptalk] Re: Pulling out paths from Group Policy

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 07:43:40 -0800

Dave-
Well, you can definitely do it via scripts. For the Software Installation
stuff, you might want to check out my free GPSIViewer utility out on
GPOGUY.COM. Essentially it dumps all packages in a domain into a GUI list
that shows the package path within the UI. I don't remember off-hand but it
may also have a feature to export the list (you'd think I'd know since I
wrote it but I don't have it handy at the moment!). As for startup scripts,
are you looking for embedded paths within the actual scripts? If so, then
you'll probably need to write some text parsing to handle that.