[gptalk] Re: Problem with Windows 2003 SP2 and custom ADM files

  • From: jfvanmeter@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:26:18 +0000

I'm just getting ready to load SP2 into my virtual domain,  and I guess I'll
find out shortly

Take Care --John

From: "Blackshaw, Dave" <Dave.Blackshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> It appears that custom ADM files that are not terminated with a CRLF
> will generate an Error 51: "Unexpected keyword."  This did not occur
> with base 2003 and SP1.  It seems that SP2 ignores the final character
> in the ADM (?).
>

> I'd be pleased to know if others experience the same issue.
>

> Dave Blackshaw
>
> AD Consultant

> The information contained in or attached to this email is intended only for
> the
> use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
> intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended
> recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute,
> or
> retain this message or any part of it. It may contain information which is
> confidential and/or covered by legal professional or other privilege (or
> other
> rules or laws with similar effect in jurisdictions outside England and Wales).
> The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of Centrica
> plc,
> and the company, its directors, officers or employees make no representation
> or
> accept any liability for its accuracy or completeness unless expressly stated
> the contrary.
>
> Centrica plc
>
> Registered office: Millstream, Maidenhead Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 5GD
>
> Registered in England and Wales No 3033654

It appears that custom ADM files that are not terminated with a CRLF will generate an Error 51: “Unexpected keyword.”  This did not occur with base 2003 and SP1.  It seems that SP2 ignores the final character in the ADM (?).

I’d be pleased to know if others experience the same issue.

Dave Blackshaw

AD Consultant

The information contained in or attached to this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it. It may contain information which is confidential and/or covered by legal professional or other privilege (or other rules or laws with similar effect in jurisdictions outside England and Wales).
The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of Centrica plc, and the company, its directors, officers or employees make no representation or accept any liability for its accuracy or completeness unless expressly stated to the contrary.

Centrica plc

Registered office: Millstream, Maidenhead Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 5GD

Registered in England and Wales No 3033654

--- End Message ---