[gptalk] Re: Problem with Windows 2003 SP2 and custom ADM files

  • From: "'FoR ReaLz' E. Balansay" <edgardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 08:26:48 -0700 (PDT)

FWIW, what was described (ignoring of final character in custom ADM), did occur to me with Windows Server 2003 SP1 R2 Enterprise. I needed to perform a few CRLFs at the end of the template to remove the same error. This was using Windows XP Pro SP2 Client machines.

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, jfvanmeter@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm just getting ready to load SP2 into my virtual domain, and I guess I'll find out shortly

Take Care --John

From: "Blackshaw, Dave" <Dave.Blackshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
It appears that custom ADM files that are not terminated with a CRLF
will generate an Error 51: "Unexpected keyword."  This did not occur
with base 2003 and SP1.  It seems that SP2 ignores the final character
in the ADM (?).

I'd be pleased to know if others experience the same issue.

Dave Blackshaw

AD Consultant

The information contained in or attached to this email is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message or any part of it. It may contain information which is
confidential and/or covered by legal professional or other privilege (or other
rules or laws with similar effect in jurisdictions outside England and Wales).
The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of Centrica plc,
and the company, its directors, officers or employees make no representation or
accept any liability for its accuracy or completeness unless expressly stated to
the contrary.

Centrica plc

Registered office: Millstream, Maidenhead Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 5GD

Registered in England and Wales No 3033654