[gptalk] Re: Problem with Windows 2003 SP2 and custom ADM files

  • From: jfvanmeter@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:00:05 +0000

:) I was just thinking the same, so I deleted a crfs from the end of my custom
adm file that does TCP/IP hardening, still no error.  I am using GPMC as my
interface to manage group policies, if anyone thinks that might matter. The
only problems I had with adm files, was when I had a custom adm to configure
BITs, then when I went to SP1, Microsoft add the settings to system.adm and I
was getting a error "helper string defined twice" or something close to
that...once I removed my bits.adm file it went away.

I also check different adm files, some have crlf at the end and some don't

Take Care --John

From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>