[gptalk] One Vista Client to admin all domain Vista GPO's ?

  • From: "Mills, Mark" <Mark.Mills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:26:58 -0500

I'm trying to recall if I read something that stated -  in a Windows
2003\XP\Vista  environment you need to create all Vista GPO's on one
specific Vista client.  Then that Vista Client serves as the central
repository for all VISTA Group Policies.

Is that right?  I'm fairly certain I read something close to that?  But
I have a hard time thinking that the Vista Group Policy files
(ADML\ADMX) on the domain controllers wouldn't be updated?  Plus you
would have one point of failure if your Administrative Vista client
died.   Can anyone clear my head on this one.

Thanks,

Mark Mills