[gptalk] Re: One Vista Client to admin all domain Vista GPO's ?

  • From: "Jakob H. Heidelberg" <jakob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 21:33:48 +0200

Hi there,

You can create a Central Store in the SYSVOL (shared among Domain
Controllers) - no Windows Vista client is Single-Point-of-Failure! However,
all GP management should be performed from a Vista client as soon as you
introduce Vista in the domain.

You can read about the Central Store right here:

http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Managing-Windows-Vista-Group-Policy-P
art1.html

Regards

/Jakob H. Heidelberg