[gptalk] Re: Office GPO

  • From: Minesh Pandya <minesh.pandya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 00:13:53 +0100

Hi, yes I used a transform and it is still there... On a clean machine it's installing perfectly..

I think iv found the cause though- it's a weird one...
I have previously packaged Office MDI viewer from the office 2003 MSI with a MST with word excel ppt disabled. On the affected machines the unique reg key for both GPOs is the same number (I'm not talking about the number in the curly brackets) the key found in: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\products \9040820900063D11C8EF00054038389C

This is strange as they are both different packages, different versions of Office and seperate GPOs and also because I would have thought it's impossible to have 2 keys with the same name??

I plan to create a GPO that will delete both keys after I uninstall both apps and then re-apply the Office XP install- sound right?

Thanks. Minesh

Sent from my iPhone

On 8 Aug 2008, at 14:11, "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Minesh-

Did you have a transform in use on the previous package, that perhaps did not get restored?

Darren