[gptalk] Re: Must run GPUpdate manually on some machines

  • From: <jpsalemi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:02:16 -0500

Hi Jim...

This may help, being as it's scripts you're having problem with.

John

             "Jim Bangle"
             <Jim.Bangle@lposd
             .org>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             gptalk-bounce@fre                                          cc
             elists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [gptalk] Must run GPUpdate manually
             08/25/2006 12:56          on some machines
             AM

             Please respond to
             gptalk@freelists.
                    org

I have just subscribed to this listserv.  What a great site so far.
Hopefully, you all can help me.

I am the administrator of a 1500 machine network, and I am having trouble
getting my group policies to take reliably on all machines.  Too often
GPUpdate /Force must be run on a machine before it will notice that I have
implemented new policies.  Today I changed from old fashioned logon
scripting to OU based scripts applied by GPâs.  Most of my machines
accepted the changes and are working perfectly.  But, some simply donât get
the changes.  Where should I be looking for the cause of this issue?  Could
it be related to the fact that my WAN is about as flakey as a good pie
crust?