[gptalk] Must run GPUpdate manually on some machines

  • From: "Jim Bangle" <Jim.Bangle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:56:38 -0700

I have just subscribed to this listserv.  What a great site so far.
Hopefully, you all can help me.

I am the administrator of a 1500 machine network, and I am having
trouble getting my group policies to take reliably on all machines.  Too
often GPUpdate /Force must be run on a machine before it will notice
that I have implemented new policies.  Today I changed from old
fashioned logon scripting to OU based scripts applied by GP's.  Most of
my machines accepted the changes and are working perfectly.  But, some
simply don't get the changes.  Where should I be looking for the cause
of this issue?  Could it be related to the fact that my WAN is about as
flakey as a good pie crust?