[gpsbug] New Years Day Corrected Times

  • From: "John" <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'WhiteShoal \('Gpsbug@Freelists. Org '\)'" <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 09:46:49 -0500

All reported times are in, so here are the calculated results:  Very close
finishes.  With most of race reaching at near hull speed, the longer boats
made out,  but look at the close finishes:

Boat            Corrected Time          Time Behind Boat Ahead (Seconds)
Tranquillity    35:07                   0
Windrush II     36:00                   53
Recovery        37:48                   108
Odyssey 38:26                   38
Forever         38:27                   1

Anybody besides me regret the few seconds where they lost concentration on
course and/or sail trim?  An auspicious beginning to the new year, I think.
Here's to more boats and closer competition.

I'm still planning on a winter party before year's end, so stay tuned.
Meanwhile, thanks to the weatherman for not having another blizzard
yesterday!

Regards,

John