[gpsbug] Re: New Years Day 2011 Race

  • From: "Wayne Willis" <w.willis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <windtether@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 18:13:36 -0500

Nice day on the James! Had my wife's nephew, Barry Rose, onboard Odyssey with George Christian. Barry's wife Michele is a Virginia National Guard Lieutenant Colonel commanding a support battalion in Afghanistan. We had a great time and enjoyed a bottle of hot gluhwien along the way.

Odyssey finished at 1259:30.

Wayne

----- Original Message ----- From: "John" <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Tom Orlowski
To: windtether@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: Steve Butkus
Cc: 'Ormond, John (Newport News)'
Cc: John Wandling
Cc: Robert.th.kerr@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: j.hackney@xxxxxxxx
Cc: White Shoal Sailing Club
Cc: McGreevy
From: s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: gpsbug-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:52:38 To: <s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Ormond, John (Newport News)'<John.Ormond@xxxxxxx>; <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <Robert.th.kerr@xxxxxxxxx>; <j.hackney@xxxxxxxx>; WhiteShoal ('Gpsbug@Freelists. Org ')<gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; McGreevy<rmcg5070@xxxxxxx>; <Cat3086@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Mark Swart<mark_swart@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks for the feedback... let's "fire" the First Gun at 1200

Thanks,
Steve

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:26 AM, s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Please take a moment to look beyond today's snowdrifts!

Balmy temps are forecast for New Years & if we only have half the wind coming down the Pagan today, it'll be an especially great day on the water and a most auspicious way to start the New Year!

1) Pls "reply all" so we know who'll be out there.

2) Also, is an 1100 or 1300 first gun preferred?

Thanks,
Steve