[gpsbug] Re: FW: You think sea gulls are bad

  • From: capnedz@xxxxxxx
  • To: j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx, gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:19:07 -0500

Oh My God!  John, those two boats in attachment 4 are Shields 30s.  BARBARA on
the Left and MEDORA on the Right.  They belong to the Naval Postgraduate School
in Monterey.  I campaigned on MEDORA for the entire year of 1983 (when I should
have been working on my masters) and actually qualified and went to the Shields
Nationals (placed 10th.)  The Monterey Peninsula Yacht Club has a Shields
fleet.  You can see some of the club boats trashed on the other side of the
marina.  Very depressing.

Here's a photo of me with the MEDORA crew back when I had hair (and the abs of
a 27 year old!) from "That Championship Season!"

Boat US ran a feature on this phenom in their Jan 04 issue that I also attached.

This made my day!!!  Not!!!

Ed