[gps-talkusers] Re: which winzip

  • From: "Carl Simmons" <carlsimmons@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 22:58:22 -0700

If double clicking on the file does not open the uncompress program follow
this

Files with .Zip Extensions Do Not Open Automatically in Windows Me
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 268859
Last Review : January 27, 2007
Revision : 1.3
SYMPTOMS
When you attempt to open a file with a .zip extension in Microsoft Windows
Millennium Edition (Me), the Open With dialog box is displayed and you are
prompted to select a program with which to open the file.
Back to the top

CAUSE
This behavior occurs if you do not have Microsoft Compressed Folder support
installed.
Back to the top

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, install Compressed Folder support; to do so, follow
these steps: 1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control
Panel.Double-click Add/Remove Programs.Click the Windows Setup tab.Click
System Tools, and then click Details.Click to select the Compressed Folders
check box.Click OK twice.
After your computer restarts, your .zip files are associated with Compressed
Folders and open as expected.
Back to the top

----

APPLIES TO