[gps-talkusers] Re: New user with a question

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:27:49 -0400

Hi John,
The system comes with 4 map folders.
Maps1west (west side of the USA)
Maps2east (east side of the USA)
Maps3offshore (Alaska, Guam, Hawaii, Puerto Rico)
the final folder is called maps.
Maps is where your home state is stored.  so if you live in California
it will be in your "maps" folder as well as being in the maps1west
folder.

So the majority of the time you will not access maps1west 2east or
offshore unless you need those maps.
Once you need those maps just go into GPS options and tell the system
to look for the maps in one of the other folders.
Hope this makes sense.
Chris
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:48:39 -0500, "John Holliday"
<john.holliday@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hello to the list,
>

>My name is John Holliday.  My new GPS system arrives today, and I have a
>question on storage.  An  8 gig CF card was preloaded with all the maps of
>the U.S.  I  assume that every state map will be loaded when I go in to the
>navigation  menu?  If so, will this slow down the system a lot?  Using my
>PC, could I  cut the states I don't want to the clipboard, and paste them to
>another folder which the program wouldn't be looking for?  Or, is it better
>to just delete the states I don't want?
>
>Thanks!
>
>John Holliday
>

>__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature
>database 3258 (20080710) __________

>http://www.eset.com

Chris Grabowski
- Customer Support and Product testing
Sendero Group
"The GPS company." Also, distributors of the mPower, PK, Victor
Stream, Voice Sense, KNFB Mobile Reader, Talks, Miniguide and ID Mate

Phone: 888-757-6810 EXT. 113
Email: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx