[gps-talkusers] Re: user ppois

  • From: "Steve" <drum67-72@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:58:50 -0400

Yes, sometimes there are some stops here that are in the middle of a block.
If you get to the stop and have quite a few satellites, you can mark it as a
POI.  Then, when you walk back by that stop, particularly if you have the
distance setting down to ten feet, you will be within 7-15 feet of that exact
location when the program announces that you are near the stop.  I usually set
the stop as the destination by looking it up in my private user poi's.

You don't have to have a route open to set a stop as a  Poi.  You would if you
set it as a waypoint.  But, I think in your question although you said
waypoint, you were really thinking of a pOI.