[gps-talkusers] Re: taking your gps on airlines

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:47:49 -0700

Southwest explicitly allows GPS on their flights. Not for take off or landing of course.

Hi: - You should be fine on most airlines, some don't mind at all like
Southwest, but it's always a good practice to have one of the stewadess ask
the pilot for his approval of your GPS usage on his flight.  The reason a
GPS is typically okay to use on a flight is because its only a reciever, and
does not have any transmission capabilities.  All the best. - Kim

Kim Lookingbill kim@xxxxxxxxxxxx (email or MSN Messenger)

Blast From The Past
Sundays, 16 to 19 UTC

Back Stage Pass
Mondays from 22 to 23 UTC

http://interactive.acbradio.org

-----Original Message----- From: gps-talkusers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gps-talkusers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Farina Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 11:13 AM To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [gps-talkusers] taking your gps on airlines

Hi all,

I am curious to find out if anyone has experienced problems bringing your
gps receiver on airlines.  Are there any security matters I should be aware
of when taking my pk and blue tooth receiver on a flight?

Thanks.

John Farina