[gps-talkusers] Re: taking your gps on airlines

  • From: Gil Lutz <gil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:42:01 -0400

Hi John and all,

There is no restriction for carrying a GPS on to an airplane. There is, however, a restriction on using it while en route. I have a printed letter that explains what the GPS system is and ask permission from the Captain to use the GPS while in flight. I have only been refused permission to use it on three flights. One of the points you need to make is that it is only a GPS receiver not a transmitter. All said the Captain of the flight has the final say and any attempt to argue about will only result in getting the Federal Regulation quoted to you.

Hope that helps .

Gil

At 11:13 AM 6/19/2005 -0400, you wrote:

Hi all,

I am curious to find out if anyone has experienced problems bringing your gps receiver on airlines. Are there any security matters I should be aware of when taking my pk and blue tooth receiver on a flight?

Thanks.

John Farina

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.7.8/22 - Release Date: 6/17/2005

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.