[gps-talkusers] Re: sendero gps questions

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:58:39 -0400

Hi,
answers follow your questions.
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:36:50 +0100, Michael Weaver
<weavermicha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Is there a way of turning up the volume for the sounds when using
>Sendero GPS on the Braillenote Mpower?

No not directly, you could load the sounds into a sound editor and
raise the volume that way.

>Is it supposed to give an audible signal on each turn?
>I ask because I don't always get a sound when I reach a turn.

You  should receive a turn sound, however because of GPS drift you may
never actually reach the turn.
>Also is there a way of stopping it from saying the vertual destination
>as well as when it notifies you that you have reached your destination?
>I travelled back from my bank to my home and it spoke the destination
>message but it also treated it as a vertual destination.I tried to look
>for an option for deleting the vertual destination or disableing it so
>it only told me I had arrived at my destination but I couldn't find
>anything.
>It gave the vertual message even in GPS Mode.

it does this, the only way to stop it is to move your virtual position
somewhere else.

>Are there options I need to set to get the best information when walking
>a route as I am sure it didn't speak everything I came past on the way
>to the bank or returning home?
>When you walk and use a POI as a destination ie Yorkshire Building
>Society, do I just find the POI, press D and then walk or do I need to
>do a RP after finding the POI?

You should do a space with D BT READ with D QT, then R then V  or R
then P.

You should be getting events such as approaching turn, turn now and
continue straight messages.  these messages only happen when you are
in a route.
>I am wondering if this is why I might be getting not as much information
>but I don't want to use look around mode and hear everything that I have
>passed behind me or in the direction from not where I am heading.
>

>__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature
>database 3288 (20080722) __________

>http://www.eset.com

Chris Grabowski
- Customer Support and Product testing
Sendero Group
"The GPS company." Also, distributors of the mPower, PK, Victor
Stream, Voice Sense, Braille Sense, KNFB Mobile Reader, Talks, Miniguide and ID
Mate

Phone: 888-757-6810 EXT. 113
Email: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx