[gps-talkusers] sendero gps questions

  • From: Michael Weaver <weavermicha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:36:50 +0100

Is there a way of turning up the volume for the sounds when using
Sendero GPS on the Braillenote Mpower?
Is it supposed to give an audible signal on each turn?
I ask because I don't always get a sound when I reach a turn.
Also is there a way of stopping it from saying the vertual destination
as well as when it notifies you that you have reached your destination?
I travelled back from my bank to my home and it spoke the destination
message but it also treated it as a vertual destination.I tried to look
for an option for deleting the vertual destination or disableing it so
it only told me I had arrived at my destination but I couldn't find
anything.
It gave the vertual message even in GPS Mode.
Are there options I need to set to get the best information when walking
a route as I am sure it didn't speak everything I came past on the way
to the bank or returning home?
When you walk and use a POI as a destination ie Yorkshire Building
Society, do I just find the POI, press D and then walk or do I need to
do a RP after finding the POI?
I am wondering if this is why I might be getting not as much information
but I don't want to use look around mode and hear everything that I have
passed behind me or in the direction from not where I am heading.