[gps-talkusers] iscrapancy in POI locations

  • From: jim gammon <jgammon1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 10:32:54 -0800

Hi Charles, we were looking for a place to stay the night yesterday near Delano on i 99 in Southern Cal. I found a Best Western but it became evident when we got near the supposed location that there was nothing there. My wife had seen one about a mile back so we turned around and found the Liberty In, formerly Best Western. The Liberty In didn't even appear in the database and was over a mile from the Best Western site we had been looking for. I marked the real site if you want me to send you the Lat Lon, but that's probably not necessary. That tended to make me a little wary about the database. I realize that some commercial POI's can be off base but by over a mile? I asked the clerk about it and she said that her own GPS and other customers had the same issue. Something about this location or something, so it's not just Sendero's issue. I'm just curious about this situation. This is more of a curiosity than a complaint. Thanks for all you do. You guys really do a fabulous job and I realize it's impossible to know about all the bugs in the database. Best regards, Jim