[gps-talkusers] Re: e: My Latest Experience with GPS

  • From: "Kevin Chao" <g.unit89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:04:08 -0700

The higher the amount of channels means the more satellites that you are
able to track at any one given time, in GPS terms this is called "parallel
tracking." I have found through personal experience that the M-1000 that has
32 channels will track in the range of 10-12 satellites quite frequentley
while the GPSlim236 using the SIRF STAR III will track in the range of 8-10
satellites quite frequentley. I think the thing  to really pay attention to
is the sensativity and battery life of the recievers as there really is only
a maximum of 12 satellites that are viewable at any point in time.

If you wish to continue this discussion, please send me a private message
at: g.unit89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am sure this is more than many wanted to know.

Kevin