[gps-talkusers] Re: e: Half Dome, Check! By Kevin Chao

  • From: "Kevin Chao" <g.unit89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 09:31:48 -0700

Jim,

I too was surprised at how few satellites I received. I think it has to do a
lot with the tall and dense trees along with the sheer granite rock. About
an hour and a half into the Replay the satellites begin to roll in rather
nicely. Every time I stopped I would stop the Replay and continue to append
to it when I started off again. There was actually a time when I forgot to
resume the appending, but no worries there are User POIs and audios to fill
that in.

If anyone would like to check out:
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071005/A_NEWS/710050336&emailAFriend=1
There is an article that made the front page that a reporter we met on the
trip wrote up about me hiking up Half Dome.

Kevin