[gps-talkusers] decreasing destination distance

  • From: Michael Weaver <weavermicha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 02:27:18 +0100

I went walking to my bank I think it was yesterday with the Braillenote
GPS.
I got to my destination ok and fortunately I know where it actually is
because I was a bit concerned it told me the destination distance
further away than I thought which was the other side of the road and it
said something about 61 feet.
Is there an option I need to change to bring this distance for
destinations closer?
What should I basically be getting with I think 9 Satalites or am I
likely to only get within 61 feet?
I either heard or read somewhere that GPS distances were a bit closer
these days.
If there is an option to decrease the distance of destination, all my
settings are at default.
Also is there a way of following a route with the Mpower BT case closed
ie in case it rains?
I try to close the case carefully and sometimes accidentally trigger a
command.