[gps-talkusers] Re: bluetooth visual display

  • From: "Kevin Chao" <g.unit89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:58:25 -0700

Koji,

Well, I think that the empowering portion of having any form of accessible
GPS is that you are in charge and directing your driver or navigating the
streets
with always knowing where you are and what is around you. I think that the
key when directing drivers is giving them the information as soon as
possible and
once again as your are approaching the turn. For example if you are giving
off the freeway:

1. in about a mile you will get off on 24th street

here the driver will know to get their antennas up and to prepare for the
turn and to get in the proper lane if they haven't done so

2. in about a quarter of a mile you will get off on 8th street and make a
left

here they will begin to really pay attention and look around for signage and
they will know once they get off to make a left turn

Are you looking to give your driver some form of a visual aid while you are
navigating?

I hope this helps.

Kevin

block quote