[gps-talkusers] Re: setting 3 reference points

  • From: Michael May <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 20:49:53 -0700

You are all barking up the right tree. You must have asked your dogs.

Kevin, you could set a route waypoint as a reference point but it is likely to
change as you move along. What I had in mind is the following:

Set your Destination. Then set your virtual position and you can hear about
that with the I command.

Then find A POI as George suggests. The trick is that you have to turn Look
Around off or the POI you are referencing will be replaced if you have
Look-Around turned on. If it is off, that POI will stay available on the P Key.
So you have D, I and P for 3 reference points. Add K as a fourth if you like.