[gps-talkusers] Re: bluetooth gps units

  • From: "Les Kriegler" <kriegler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:29:48 -0400

Hi,

I'm now trying to make a decision about Bluetooth receivers.  At this point,
I'm considering the Blue Logger, Holux, GlobalSat and Garmin 10 receivers.
I'm converting to the M Power and expect to make a decision within a month.
What is important to me will include:  satellite acquisition, retaining a
signal as much as feasible, and the ability to carry the receiver in my
pocket or on the unit's strap.  From what I've learned from a user of the
Garmin 10, I'm leaning away from this model, as it apparently cannot be
placed in a pocket or anywhere else on one's body.  I'm open to comments and
suggestions here.  I know this has been discussed before; I'm just not
confident in making a decision on which model to go with for the M Power.
Thanks in advance for suggestions/comments/recommendations/your experiences.
Best Regards,

Les