[gps-talkusers] Re: bluetooth gps units

  • From: "Vicky Collins" <v-collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:54:47 -0500

Hi Mary Ellen and All,

Good to see you back on the lists, and hope things are going better for you
now.

Anyway, as far as the receivers go, I've been using the GlobalSat with my PK
and have had no problems at all, at least not so far.  It most often takes
about four or five minutes to get a signal, whether I'm walking somewhere;
or, for
that matter, should I get on the city bus, see that I have a driver that
isn't calling the stops, and then decide to use the GPS.  And, this works
quite nicely, even with the receiver right in my purse.  I can even reset
the PK and still get a signal back when I go into the GPS program.

Now, grin, maybe I'll use the Blue Logger more when I get my mPower, who
knows.  I'll at least try both receivers with it and then see what I think.
It'll be good, though, when I choose to use the mPower, to see a lot more of
the GPS info all on the same line, rather than having to advance the Braille
display.