[gps-talkusers] Public Transit Routes

  • From: "Rich Irwin" <rich.irwin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Gps-Talkusers" <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:18:16 -0700

Hi Mike:

This falls under the category "it would be nice".  I was trying to figure
out how to get from one town to another that is about 50 miles apart.  Since
it is too far to walk and I do not have access to someone who could drive me
there, I was trying to figure out what public transit would be available.
Since we list a lot of bus stops, train stations, etc. in our pois, I was
wondering if there could be a way to set a route for public transit as a
third option to vehicle and pedestrian?  Is this even technically feasible?
The application could be used for buses, trains, rapid transit, and any
other fixed route ground systems we might have.

Rich Irwin
rich.irwin@xxxxxxxxxxx