[gps-talkusers] Re: New to list

  • From: tbrowngriffin@xxxxxxx
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 16:33:42 -0500

Hi Kevin,
there are multiple addresses mainly in my local town, but also in London that
just come up as no street of that name exists! It could not find the strand in
central london, just off trafalgar square, and I know it was spelled correctly,
how many ways can you spell it!! lol I have since found it but I do not know
what if anything I did diferently! another one is Chestnut close in edenbridge,
it repeatedly tells me there are no streets matching that name! they are not
new street, houses built in about 1960's!

I am still trying to get used to the multi tasking required to drive a dog,
look after two small children and navigate my way around the PK! I just wish I
could have a download so that I knew all the commands and key strokes! I am
spending most evenings wading my way through manuals on line as there doesn't
appear to be a manual available to me for the GPS in any other format, but I am
finding it a bit like wading through thick custard! I hae successfully used it
for a single route across central london and it was brilliant, so much easier
than without, however, following my one day of training there was a fault found
with the batteries and it had to return to human ware and I seem to have
forgotten much of what I had learned originally!

How do I find a compatible bluetooth head set for it, human ware would not
advise me as they said it would cut down my hearing, however, it is driving me
mad having a corded headset, just somethi
ng else for my dog/cane/child to get caught in!

Any help would really be appreciated

thanks Tony

From: tbrowngriffin@ao
l.com
Date: 12/28/2008 2:47 PM

Hi

I'm new to this list and not sure whether there is a more relevant list that I
could join, I have recently , in the last few months aquired a braillenote PK
with sendero GPS system and am having quite a few problems with getting to
grips
with using it!

The most frustrating problem I am encountering is when I put in my city and
then
street address it keeps telling me there is no such street address when I know
that there is and that it is spelled correctly, any ideas? Not sure whether it
is relevant but I live in the south east of the UK.

thanks

Tony