[gps-talkusers] Missing POIs

  • From: Peter Bosher <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:05:20 +0100

Hi All, especially Charles,

I've just installed version 6 with the UK maps and POIs, but I'm completely dismayed for the moment because the number of POIs in my immediate area, say a radius of three miles, has gone down by a factor of at least fifty, possibly more.

I have downloaded the POI files for UK and Ireland, called 2009_poi_uk_ireland_rmf.pdb and 2009_poi_uk_ireland_rmf.rmf

There are a few commercial POIs, such as banks and fuel stations, but almost all the interesting ones have disappeared. What on Earth is happening? Have I missed something or is there actually something wrong with these particular files?

Best,

Peter

--

*******