[gps-talkusers] Re: new maps with Mobile Geo

  • From: "Charles LaPierre" <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 05:38:18 -0700

Hi Keith,

The reason why HIMS didn't come out with a release with the 2008 maps is
their development slipped and they would have released their 2008 version
just before Sendero released the 2009 version, so they instead decided to
wait for the 2009 version.  If they went ahead and did the 2008 version then
you guys would have had to pay for 2 upgrades to the 2008 and then a few
months afterwards pay again for the 2009 version.  I think HIMS did the
right thing and waited for the 2009 version instead of forcing their
customers to pay for 2 sets up map updates.

Thanks

Charles M. LaPierre

CTO Sendero Group

"The GPS company:" Featuring Sendero GPS on the BrailleNote, the
Sense Nav, on Windows phones with Mobile Geo and coming soon with
StreetTalk VIP for the Pac Mate. Distributing Trekker Breeze and
Wayfinder for Symbian phones. Also distributing Victor Stream, KNFB
Mobile Reader, Talks, Mobile Speak, Tiger embossers, Miniguide and ID Mate

charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830
Sendero Group, LLC