[gps-talkusers] Re: Map questions

  • From: Charles La Pierre <lapierre@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:47:53 -0800

Sorry my daughter pressed the Send command before I finished...
Please make sure you can set your address using the Space S command if you can do this make sure as Mike says that you are in GPS mode (Space V) toggles between GPS and VIrtual mode. If you state or city does not come up chances are you don't have that state's map in your maps directory. Please go to GPS options from the GPS menu and point the maps directory where your maps are on your card. Once you point to the right directory you will be told how many maps are loaded.

I hope this helps if you still can't get it to work please contact Sendero Customer support and I am sure either Carl or Gil can help you.

In GPS mode once you are tracking satellites, C (current City) or A(Address) will tell you where you are if it says "Unknown" then chances are you don't have your state's maps loaded.

Charles.

At 06:41 PM 3/26/2006, you wrote:
Hi Sarai
The only reason why it would not locate your address is that you don't have the correct map loaded. If you can use the Space S command and find your state, city, and street there is no reason why the GPS wouldn't find the same location. Please make sure you can set your address using the Spac

At 06:21 PM 3/26/2006, you wrote:
Hey Carl,
I did all of that, but If I don't set an address and then go to GPS
mode, then it won't track or find any location. That's the weird thing.

Sarai D. Bucciarelli