[gps-talkusers] Re: I'm a little unclear about something:

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:22:19 -0500

Hi,
You don't need to be on location to record a poi, however the POI will
be more accurate if you record it live.
If you know the lat/lon of a spot you wish to mark just set the
lat/lon and define it as a user poi.
If you do an address lookup and set that address as a poi the poi will
be only as accurate as the map data.
Hope this makes sense.
Chris
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:33:08 -0700, "Mary Ellen Earls"
<meearls@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi folks!
>Have just  been online and got the address of my nearest Bose store.
>Ok here is what I am unclear about. I have recorded it in the gps as a POI
>in virtual mode.
>Now, were I to take a cab there would this trigger  when we got there, or
>would I have to do the whole thing over on location? I guess my question
>should have been, if we need to be on location to record a POI, then why is
>there this ability to do so in virtual mode?
>Thanks!
>Mary Ellen Earls
>

>__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature
>database 2799 (20080116) __________