[gps-talkusers] Re: HELP WITH 4_0 UPGRADE

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 10:40:30 -0700

When I install the program I get "File in Use" message.

When installing the program the message "File in Use" occurs when you haven't preformed the proper reset before installing the program.

To perform the 1-2-3 or S-D-F reset before installing the GPS program on your device you must press and hold down dots 1-2-3 on a (Braille Keyboard) or keys S-D-F on the QWERTY keyboard while pressing the reset button. On the BrailleNote PK the reset button is C3 C4. After you let go of the reset button, you must continue to hold down either dots 1-2-3 or keys S-D-F until you hear the chime.

Note this is NOT the first beep you hear right after you press the reset button. The chime occurs in approximately ten to twenty seconds after you initially press the reset button. You must keep dots 1-2-3 or keys S-D-F pressed for this entire time.

To ensure you did the reset correctly once the main menu appears, try going into the program by pressing N for Navigation (or by pressing G for GPS with older versions of KeySoft). If you are unable to enter GPS the reset was successful.

Charles

At 10:28 AM 10/5/2007, you wrote:
Hi everyone, I need some help. I am trying to download the 4.0 Upgrade I
got from Sendero. When I try to install it on the VoiceNote it says,
"PLL, process cannot access file because it is being used by another
process"

I've downloaded the file from the email that Sendero sent me for my
VoiceNote several times and on Compact Flash cards and SD cards. No
luck, and same message. Any suggestions??? Thanks Catherine

Catherine O'Farrell COMS, CVRT
Southeastern Blind Rehabilitation Center
VA Medical Center
700 South 19th Street
Birmingham, AL 35233
(205) 933-8101 Ext. 5023