[gps-talkusers] Digital compass question?

  • From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 06:38:47 -0700

Good morning,

I have a general question. One of the challenges when working with GPS travel is headings. Headings have to be calculated over time and by motion etc. What's Sendero's position on digital compasses? There are some receivers that also have a compass built in. I was thinking that a compass would provide real time heading information that wouldn't get degraded by multipath / being stationary. A BN / Sendero user and I were discussing digital compasses and we were wondering if you had considered this yet. Thank you and take care.

Scott