[gps-talkusers] Re: A.C. adapter question

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:54:03 -0700

This sounds to me like maybe you got a UK power adapter instead of a USA adapter? Are the two prongs at the round? If so that is a UK power adapter and you need to exchange that for a USA one.

Did you buy this from Sendero? There must have been a mixup when Humanware shipped out the adapter for your BrailleNote. Please call your dealer to straighten out the problem if it is indeed an incorrect power adapter issue.

Charles

At 04:48 PM 7/11/2008, John Holliday wrote:

Hello,

Is the AC adapter for the VN QT  in one or two pieces?  If it's in two
pieces, the plug which goes in to the wall is smooth all the way around, and
will  not fit in either a wall socket or power strip.  If it's in one piece,
when I plug both ends in to there respective  places, I get the message
"adapter off", when I check battery status!  This is highly frustrating,
since I'm at 60% and want to put the GPS   through its paces.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

John Holliday

Charles M. La Pierre
CTO Sendero Group
"The GPS company." Distributors of the mPower, PK, Victor Stream, Voice Sense, KNFB Mobile Reader, Talks, Miniguide and ID Mate
1-888-757-6810

Lat. 37 15' 25" N  Lon: 121 53' 04" W